From: Ow Mun Heng <Ow.Mun.Heng@×××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Small Gnome 2.14 frustrations
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2006 05:48:07
1 On Sat, 2006-07-22 at 11:05 -0700, Mark Knecht wrote:
2 > Since upgrading to Gnome-2.14 I've run into some small frustrations:
3
4 Just Upgraded today.
5 >
6 > 1) In the Desktop menu on the taskbar there is now a 'Shutdown' entry.
7 > We do not want to shutdown from anyone's account since this machine is
8 > also our MythTV backend server and we don't want to make a mistake and
9 > take it offline. Can this be removed somehow?
10 >
11 > 2) For all login accounts every other login fails from the GDM login
12 > screen with a message something like this:
13 >
14 No Issues with this. What you can do is log out, log into console as
15 root/some other user.
16 kill all user processes, and delete all files in /tmp which remotely
17 resembles your username.
18 (there may be old user processes/data there)
19
20 > 3) In my account only when I try to empty the Gnome trashcan I get a
21 > message like this:
22 >
23 not sure what's happening.
24 --