From: Daniel Frey <djqfrey@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Dolphin only allowing a single instance after update
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2019 01:25:18
1 On 8/17/19 4:48 PM, Dale wrote:
2 > Philip Webb wrote:
3 >> 190816 Dale wrote:
4 >>> I upgraded my system last night,
5 >>> logged out and back in earlier and have noticed something new.
6 >>> It seems to only allow one instance of Dolphin to run at a time.
7 >>> I usually have three or four running
8 >>> for doing different things in different locations.
9 >>> It just makes it easier for me to multi-task at times.
10 >>> Current version of Dolphin and USE flags:
11 >>> kde-apps/dolphin-19.08.0:5::gentoo  USE="handbook -activities -debug
12 >>> -semantic-desktop -test"
13 >>> Previous version that worked normally:
14 >>> kde-apps/dolphin-19.04.3
15 >> https://kde.org/announcements/announce-applications-19.08.0
16 >>
17 >> Apparently, it's a new feature.
18 >> Can you solve your problem with KDE Activities ?
19 >> Otherwise, perhaps tabs will help.
20 >>
21 >> I use CLI for ordinary file management & Krusader for heavy lifting,
22 >> so this doesn't affect me.
23 >>
24 >> HTH
28 > That's interesting.  It says this in the link provided.  "Note that this
29 > behavior is now on by default, but it can be disabled."  I've looked and
30 > I can not find where to disable that feature.  It says it can be
31 > disabled but I wonder where that setting is??
32 >
33 > Can you narrow down CLI for me?  I did a eix cli and it gives a lot of
34 > hits.  I don't think I've tried that one.  It doesn't ring a bell at
35 > least.
36 >
37 > Thanks for the info.  At least I know now if I can't find a way to
38 > disable it, on to a different file manager.  I already switched to
39 > Krusader for root access so it's not like I'm not totally against using
40 > something else.
41 >
42 > Dale
43 >
47 I always make sure I have Midnight Commander (app-misc/mc) on my
48 machines in case a GUI is not available. If you're copying only a few
49 things the shell is fine, but mc is pretty handy for organizing files.
50
51 I'm in the middle of a stable upgrade now, if I find some sort of option
52 for Dolphin I'll let you know.
53
54 Dan