From: "Hemmann
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Ebuilds for additional campaigns for games-strategy/wesnoth
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2008 12:04:27
1 On Samstag, 12. Januar 2008, Dirk Heinrichs wrote:
2 > Am Freitag, 11. Januar 2008 schrieb Hemmann, Volker Armin:
3 > > On Freitag, 11. Januar 2008, Dirk Heinrichs wrote:
4 > > > Before I open a bug for this, are ther any such ebuilds? I know they
5 > > > don't exist in portage, but maybe in some overlay I'm not aware of.
6 > >
7 > > you can't do that because the user generated scenarios/campaigns are
8 > > changing too much.
9 >
10 > Why is that a problem?
11
12 how do you make ebuilds for something that gets replaced on an absolutly
13 random basis with no old versions?
16 > > And the installing method from within wesnoth works fine - so what is the
17 > > problem? The additional stuff is not that big.
18 >
19 > It will be stored in the users homes, possibly ending up in multiple copies
20 > of the same stuff, but eventually with different versions. So I'd prefer a
21 > clean, systemwide installation.
22
23 the clean 'system wide' installation does not work, because the scenarios
24 might override stuff. Putting them into home makes the whole thing clean in
25 the first place.
29 Conclusions
30 In a straight-up fight, the Empire squashes the Federation like a bug. Even
31 with its numerical advantage removed, the Empire would still squash the
32 Federation like a bug. Accept it. -Michael Wong
33 --
34 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list