From: "Diego Elio Pettenò" <flameeyes@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Notice: possible past, present and future breakage related to .la files
Date: Sat, 02 Oct 2010 12:36:41
1 Il giorno sab, 02/10/2010 alle 19.51 +0800, William Kenworthy ha
2 scritto:
3 > What are the implications of adding this "snippet" - will it come back
4 > to bite us (users) when the next version of portage comes along?
5 >
6 No, it'll waste a bit of time if it's not removed because the same logic
7 is running twice (once from lafilefixer, once from Portage), but they
8 won't conflict one wit the other, that I can assure you of.
9 >
10 > - none of my systems have a /etc/portage/bashrc so Ive created them,
11 > but
12 > should they be executable, have a hash-bang line, ... ?
13
14 No need for anything, they are sourced so they can be non-executable and
15 they don't need hash-bangs.
16
17 > - will this snippet fix the problems with "equery check" marking
18 > libraries as broken after lafilefixer is run? (I presume an emerge -e
19 > world will be needed to update the database ...)
20
21 The new installed packages with the above post_src_unpack won't cause
22 any vdb-related issues because the files are fixed _before_ the merge to
23 live filesystem and thus the modified file's md5 and mtime will be saved
24 in it.
27 Diego Elio Pettenò — “Flameeyes”
28 http://blog.flameeyes.eu/
29
30 If you found a .asc file in this mail and know not what it is,
31 it's a GnuPG digital signature: http://www.gnupg.org/