From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Notice: possible past, present and future breakage related to .la files
Date: Sat, 02 Oct 2010 13:21:27
1 On Sat, Oct 2, 2010 at 5:35 AM, Diego Elio Pettenò <flameeyes@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Il giorno sab, 02/10/2010 alle 19.51 +0800, William Kenworthy ha
3 > scritto:
4 >> What are the implications of adding this "snippet" - will it come back
5 >> to bite us (users) when the next version of portage comes along?
6 >>
7 > No, it'll waste a bit of time if it's not removed because the same logic
8 > is running twice (once from lafilefixer, once from Portage), but they
9 > won't conflict one wit the other, that I can assure you of.
10 >>
11 >> - none of my systems have a /etc/portage/bashrc so Ive created them,
12 >> but
13 >> should they be executable, have a hash-bang line, ... ?
14 >
15 > No need for anything, they are sourced so they can be non-executable and
16 > they don't need hash-bangs.
17 >
18 >> - will this snippet fix the problems with "equery check" marking
19 >> libraries as broken after lafilefixer is run? (I presume an emerge -e
20 >> world will be needed to update the database ...)
21 >
22 > The new installed packages with the above post_src_unpack won't cause
23 > any vdb-related issues because the files are fixed _before_ the merge to
24 > live filesystem and thus the modified file's md5 and mtime will be saved
25 > in it.
26 >
27 > --
28 > Diego Elio Pettenò — “Flameeyes”
29 > http://blog.flameeyes.eu/
30 >
31 > If you found a .asc file in this mail and know not what it is,
32 > it's a GnuPG digital signature: http://www.gnupg.org/
36 Diego,
37 Thanks for the answers and thanks especially for all the work
38 you've done over the years.
39
40 Cheers,
41 Mark