From: Alexander Clark <aclark@×××××.com>
To: "gentoo-user@l.g.o" <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] troubles with emerge --sync
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 21:10:41
1 >> The remote end cut you off. Try another mirror.
2 >
3 > Is this a know infrastructure issue. It seems to happening a lot
4 > lately. I'm wary of retrying lest I end up on a ban list.
5
6 I've retried a lot. Maybe I ended up on the ban list. What I really
7 need to do is set up a local mirror since I've got a rack full of
8 Gentoo servers.
9
10 In any case, emerge-webrsync works for now (thanks Marcus, not sure
11 why I didn't think of that).
12
13 It seems there are some deeper issues, however, as gcc and emacs are
14 failing to emerge. Signal 4 again with emacs. Hm. Think I might try
15 scaling back my CFLAGS.
16
17 Alexander Clark