From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] troubles with emerge --sync
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 09:58:40
1 On Wednesday 11 November 2009 23:10:35 Alexander Clark wrote:
2 > >> The remote end cut you off. Try another mirror.
3 > >
4 > > Is this a know infrastructure issue. It seems to happening a lot
5 > > lately. I'm wary of retrying lest I end up on a ban list.
6 >
7 > I've retried a lot. Maybe I ended up on the ban list. What I really
8 > need to do is set up a local mirror since I've got a rack full of
9 > Gentoo servers.
10
11 Use my mirror and see if things are better. It's 12 hours behind the master
12 and I don't implement that mythical ban list:
13
14 ftp://ftp.is.co.za/mirror/gentoo-portage
15
16 http:// and rsync:// are also available
21 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com