From: Nelis Botha <nelis.botha@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] troubles with emerge --sync
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 11:06:31
1 Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 > On Wednesday 11 November 2009 23:10:35 Alexander Clark wrote:
3 >
4 >>>> The remote end cut you off. Try another mirror.
5 >>>>
6 >>> Is this a know infrastructure issue. It seems to happening a lot
7 >>> lately. I'm wary of retrying lest I end up on a ban list.
8 >>>
9 >> I've retried a lot. Maybe I ended up on the ban list. What I really
10 >> need to do is set up a local mirror since I've got a rack full of
11 >> Gentoo servers.
14 > Use my mirror and see if things are better. It's 12 hours behind the master
15 > and I don't implement that mythical ban list:
16 >
17 > ftp://ftp.is.co.za/mirror/gentoo-portage
18 >
19 > http:// and rsync:// are also available
24 Hi Alan
25
26 Im Asking you directly as we share the same mirror and country :)
27 Also if I need to start a new thread just let me know ... I'm posting
28 here as it has to do with rsync
29
30 so the question: How do I set up rsync on the IS mirror I tried to edit
31 the make.conf by just adding the IS url to the rsync option and # out
32 the other rsync server I had set up but emerge --rsync just told me that
33 name could not be contacted my only option now is web-rsync but I'd
34 rather use --rsync (also I'm capped on Intl so Local only bandwith here).
35
36 Thnks
37
38 Nelis