From: "John J. Foster" <Gentoo-User@××××××××××××.com>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] [Not specifically Gentoo] Forcing a new IP address with DHCP
Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2005 19:36:58
1 Good afternoon,
2
3 I have a Linksys WRT54GS router running openWRT firmware that gets its
4 IP via DHCP from my ISP. That's all working fine. I also have an account
5 with dyndns.org that is supposed to get updated when my IP changes. This
6 is where I've screwed something up because it's wasn't. I think I have
7 it configured properly now, but won't know until my IP changes again.
8 I'm going on the road for a few weeks, and will need to access my home
9 machine, so I'd like to test this out.
10
11 So, first off, is there a way for the network startup script to say
12
13 "Expire this lease and give me a different IP address"?
14
15 If not, is anyone here familiar with openWRT, udhcpc, ez-ipupdate and dyddns.org
16 configurations? I'd be glad to take this offline if it's too un-Gentoo
17 specific.
18
19 Thanks,
20 John
23 How can anyone realistically expect the increasingly superfluous masses
24 to lay down their weapons and be peaceful when our own elected (sic)
25 leaders solve all their problems through violence and our own government is
26 the largest arms dealer the world has ever known? Mickeyz.