From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: Devs and rice flags (Was: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge -j, make -j and make -l )
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2011 16:55:18
1 On Mon, Nov 28, 2011 at 8:46 AM, Pandu Poluan <pandu@××××××.info> wrote:
2 >
3 > On Nov 28, 2011 10:38 PM, "Michael Mol" <mikemol@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >>
5 >> On Sun, Nov 27, 2011 at 7:54 PM, Pandu Poluan <pandu@××××××.info> wrote:
6 >>
7 >> > Won't file a bug report, though. I have a feeling that my bug report re:
8 >> > emerge failure will be marked WONTFIX thanks to the 'ricer special'
9 >> > CFLAGS
10 >>
11 >> The CFLAGS you showed me weren't any more ricer than "-O2
12 >> -march=native". (I didn't know that -D_FORTIFY=2 came from gcc)
13 >>
14 >> They wouldn't have a leg to stand on...
17 > Mine is:
18 >
19 > CFLAGS="-O2 -march=native -fomit-frame-pointer -floop-interchange
20 > -floop-strip-mine -floop-block -funsafe-math-optimizations
21 > -fexcess-precision=fast"
22 >
23 > If you tell me that's not a ricer's CFLAGS, then you've just made me a very
24 > happy cat :-)
25 >
26 > Rgds,
29 I wonder if someone in this thread will help me understand the term
30 'ricer'. The only origin I know of this term, from the car world, is
31 really pretty racist, so I wonder if there isn't a more genteel origin
32 I simply cannot find using Google?
33
34 - Mark