From: Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] [OT] Tools for putting HDD back to new state
Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2017 18:12:11
1 I probably should know this, but off the top of my head I don't
2 remember ever running into anything like this.
3
4 I'd like to do what ever is done to set a used disk back to the
5 state it was in when new... Not sure what that state is, but at least
6 no evidence of boot manager or fs having been installed.
7
8 This if for something I'm doing on OS openindiana (a solaris offshoot)
9 and the disks are for that OS.
10
11 The solaris milieu is somewhat behind linux in development of tools at
12 least in my opinion. That is why I'm asking here.
13
14 I am a gentoo user as well, but expect I may have to boot the solaris
15 host with one or another linux boot ISO in order to have the tools
16 required.