From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] filesystems
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 22:56:40
1 On Tuesday 25 November 2008 00:15:55 Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
2 > On Montag 24 November 2008, Nicolas Sebrecht wrote:
3 > > On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 04:41:14PM +0100, Joerg Schilling wrote:
4 > > > > btrfs looks very promising. I hope it will become a good fs. Fast for
5 > > > > everybody, stable, efficient. We will see. Until then I will stay
6 > > > > with r4+compression.
7 > > >
8 > > > Well, it is under a restrictive license, so there is no chance that
9 > > > this filestem will become popular on many OS platforms.
10 > >
11 > > btrfs is under GPL...
12 >
13 > you can stop right here. Jörg thinks that the GPL is restrictive and the
14 > CPPL much more 'freedomy'. Don't try to argue. It will result in some
15 > flamefest.
16
17 I dunno about that. About the flamefest I mean. For the past 6 months Joerg
18 has been a decent helpful member around here. He answers up every time his
19 code is involved, doesn't rise to the bait with the occasional dumb user
20 question and is mostly your typical geek with straight answers - with a bit
21 of slack cut because he's not native English speaking.
22
23 It wasn't always like that, but I think we should acknowledge things that
24 change for the better.
27 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com