From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volker.armin.hemmann@××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] filesystems
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 22:15:59
1 On Montag 24 November 2008, Nicolas Sebrecht wrote:
2 > On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 04:41:14PM +0100, Joerg Schilling wrote:
3 > > > btrfs looks very promising. I hope it will become a good fs. Fast for
4 > > > everybody, stable, efficient. We will see. Until then I will stay with
5 > > > r4+compression.
6 > >
7 > > Well, it is under a restrictive license, so there is no chance that this
8 > > filestem will become popular on many OS platforms.
9 >
10 > btrfs is under GPL...
11
12 you can stop right here. Jörg thinks that the GPL is restrictive and the CPPL
13 much more 'freedomy'. Don't try to argue. It will result in some flamefest.