From: Arve Barsnes <arve.barsnes@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] youtube-dl and the conf file.
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2020 21:14:57
1 On Tue, 27 Oct 2020 at 21:58, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > I'm using the normal youtube-dl <link to video> command. No options or
3 > anything. This is what I have in the conf file.
6 > --format
7 > bestvideo[ext=webm][width<=?1280]+bestaudio/bestvideo[ext=mp4][width<=?1280]+bestaudio/best
8 >
9 > --merge-output-format mp4
12 > Those options worked for a long time so I guess something changed with
13 > youtube-dl. I don't get why it says the options are a URL either. When
14 > I google, I can't find where anyone is getting this error or using
15 > different options either, at least not to accomplish the same goal. I
16
17 I took a quick look at the commit history, and it seems the
18 documentation for the format options haven't changed in at least a
19 year, so it's hard to say if it is actually youtube-dl being the
20 culprit here.
21
22 Might be a quoting problem. Have you changed or updated anything
23 regarding your terminal emulator lately?
24
25 Maybe run your command with the verbose flag (-v) and see if it tells
26 you the full command it is trying to run. Notice in the docs the whole
27 format string is quoted with single quotes.
28
29 Regards,
30 Arve