From: Ian Zimmerman <itz@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: All Gentoo signing key expired and no way to fix it
Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2018 19:00:39
1 On 2018-07-04 21:40, gevisz wrote:
2
3 > It is quite strange because, when I used Ubuntu, it had no root
4 > account, and so, everybody was forced to use sudo to get root
5 > privileges.
6
7 Of course there is a root account. It is just blocked by default from
8 accepting logins. You can simply run "passwd root" (as root) to change
9 that.
10
11 Another way (and this is what I use now on gentoo) is ssh root@localhost.
14 Please don't Cc: me privately on mailing lists and Usenet,
15 if you also post the followup to the list or newsgroup.
16 To reply privately _only_ on Usenet and on broken lists
17 which rewrite From, fetch the TXT record for no-use.mooo.com.