From: Ben Edwards <funkytwig@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT - Why is Gentoo so slow when internet is out? + question
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 12:40:47
1 On 28/11/05, Ognjen Bezanov <ognjen@×××××××××.com> wrote:
2 ....
3 > >>to me.. linux in general has always ran slow if the net connection
4 > >>goes out. It might be constantly trying to access the internet.
5 > >>Kinda like the a cell phones battery dies alot faster when it cant
6 > >>connect to a tower. It just keeps trying til it gets something or the
7 > >>phone dies.
8 > >>
9
10 I had a problem of slowness a while ago and it was because my loopback
11 interface was missing. Something to check.
12
13 Ben
14 --
15 Ben Edwards - Exeter & Bristol, UK, England
16 WARNING:This email contained partisan views - don't ever accuse me of
17 using the veneer of objectivity
18 If you have a problem emailing me use
19 http://www.gurtlush.org.uk/profiles.php?uid=4
20 (email address this email is sent from may be defunct)
23 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list