From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Is rc.conf no longer used by Gentoo (baselayout-1.12.13)?
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2009 23:01:06
1 On Sun, 13 Dec 2009 20:43:41 +0000, Mick wrote:
2
3 > The /etc/conf.d/xdm file, which arrived after the /etc/rc.conf days, is
4 > indeed used to set up the Display Manager, but not the Window
5 > Manager/Display Environment X session. The latter was being defined in
6 > rc.conf, but this I think is no longer the case - hence I am asking
7 > here.
8
9 The DE/WM to use is specified by whatever display manager you use.
10 Setting it in a global configuration file is pointless on a multi-user
11 system.
15 Neil Bothwick
16
17 DOS never says "EXCELLENT command or filename"...