From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Is rc.conf no longer used by Gentoo (baselayout-1.12.13)?
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 12:03:39
1 2009/12/13 Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>:
2 > On Sun, 13 Dec 2009 20:43:41 +0000, Mick wrote:
3 >
4 >> The /etc/conf.d/xdm file, which arrived after the /etc/rc.conf days, is
5 >> indeed used to set up the Display Manager, but not the Window
6 >> Manager/Display Environment X session.  The latter was being defined in
7 >> rc.conf, but this I think is no longer the case - hence I am asking
8 >> here.
9 >
10 > The DE/WM to use is specified by whatever display manager you use.
11 > Setting it in a global configuration file is pointless on a multi-user
12 > system.
13
14 Thanks Neil,
15
16 So, where would you specify which DE/WM session the xdm Display
17 Manager will load up for a specific user in a Gentoo set up?
18 (assuming that there is such a thing as a Gentoo default way of doing
19 this).
20 --
21 Regards,
22 Mick