From: Raymond Lewis Rebbeck <dystopianray@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] kde-meta minus toys, games, etc
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2006 20:40:57
1 They're the same as the monolithic packages but with -meta on the end.
2
3 Easiest way to see what is in them: # emerge -pv foo-meta
4
5 On Saturday, 3 June 2006 5:51, Mick wrote:
6 > On 02/06/06, Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
7 > > On Fri, 2 Jun 2006 19:46:07 +0000, Mick wrote:
8 > > > Apologies if this has been asked before. I uninstalled my monolithic
9 > > > KDE and am ready to install the split KDE ebuilds. I want to install
10 > > > everything except toys, games and educational packages.
11 > >
12 > > Install kdebase-meta, kdenetwork-meta, kdepim-meta etc. kde-meta is for
13 > > those that want to install everything.
14 >
15 > Thanks for all the replies. What's the best way to find out what
16 > -meta packages exist and what they contain?
17 > --
18 > Regards,
19 > Mick
22 Raymond Lewis Rebbeck