From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Live CD
Date: Sat, 06 Jun 2020 16:16:31
1 Jack wrote:
2 > sys-libs/gpm perhaps?
3
4 That should be the one.  I have that installed and I use it on those
5 rare occasions when the GUI doesn't come up and I need to edit a config
6 file by pasting from a error to a file.  It comes in handy since typing
7 it in manually could result in a typo etc.
8
9 I keep mine in the default runlevel.  However, if a person finds
10 themselves in the boot runlevel, just start the gpm service.  I've never
11 seen it depend on anything else so it should start with no problem even
12 in a otherwise broken system.  It should start even if in single user mode.
13
14 Dale
15