From: jdm <jdm@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Live CD
Date: Sat, 06 Jun 2020 16:45:14
1 On Sat, 6 Jun 2020 11:16:23 -0500
2 Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > Jack wrote:
5 > > sys-libs/gpm perhaps?
6 >
7 > That should be the one.  I have that installed and I use it on those
8 > rare occasions when the GUI doesn't come up and I need to edit a
9 > config file by pasting from a error to a file.  It comes in handy
10 > since typing it in manually could result in a typo etc.
11 >
12 > I keep mine in the default runlevel.  However, if a person finds
13 > themselves in the boot runlevel, just start the gpm service.  I've
14 > never seen it depend on anything else so it should start with no
15 > problem even in a otherwise broken system.  It should start even if
16 > in single user mode.
17 >
18 > Dale
19 >
21
22 Doing some playing with various desktops at the moment trying to get
23 wayland and some other stuff to work. So I really useful thing to know.
24
25 Thanks again.
26
27 John