From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: USE flag question (not total newbie)
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2016 12:26:29
1 On Monday 28 Nov 2016 20:59:30 Ian Zimmerman wrote:
2
3 > I'll consider switching to qt5 when I can rebuild _all_ my packages that
4 > way. Under no circumstances will I install both qt4 and qt5, that is a
5 > recipe for madness.
6
7 I take it you don't run a KDE desktop with KMail-2. I do, and I found many
8 months ago that it was no longer possible to resist Qt-5. Since then I've been
9 running a sort of hybrid system in which, as Neil said, most components of KDE
10 have been moved to Qt-5 but KMail-2 is still months away.
11
12 Madness, while I wouldn't attempt to deny all possibility of it, seems not to
13 be evident here just yet.
16 Regards
17 Peter