From: Ryan Curtin <ryan@××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Internet not working after instillition
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 01:20:19
1 On Mon, Feb 26, 2007 at 05:00:21PM -0800, Harbir Singh Hundal wrote:
2 > Hi!
3 >
4 > I have build the system, with kernel-2.6, and during the instillation
5 > I have emerged dhcpcd, but my internet is not working.
6 >
7 > When I do # ifconfig I can see the assigned IP 192.168.0.2 for eth0,
8 > and I am using a router as a gateway with address 192.168.0.1
9 >
10 > I am able to ping 192.168.0.1, but when I try to ping www.google.com
11 > or any other site it gives the message "unknown Host".
12 >
13 > I don’t know what to do now, any sort of help will be appreciated.
14
15 It would seem to me that your DHCP server is not set correctly. Can you
16 post your /etc/resolv.conf? That would help. Also, try pinging
17 216.239.51.99. This is the IP of www.google.com.
18
19 Ryan Curtin
20 ryan@××××××××××××.com