From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] 2006 livecd (x86)
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 19:52:48
1 Hello
2
3 I just booted one up and I cannot su to root.
4 It wants a passwd and I tried the usual suspects...
5 The default user (gentoo) can issue (sudo) root commands?
6 Certainly the gentoo user does not have the paths set such as
7 root's paths would be set. I definately need the default root
8 passwd to set the ip address (ifconfig) for a temporary test.
9
10 Fome the handbook "Once the boot process completes, you will be automatically
11 logged in to the "Live" Gentoo Linux as "root", the super user. You should have
12 a root ("#")" But that's not the case for me . There was an intial
13 log screen, but entering root there it still prompts me for the root passwd...
14
15 Is the default passwd the same for amd64 livecd?
18 lspci is present, but 'lshw' is not. Is there a way to get lshw on a
19 usb memory device, so I can use to test out a new portable(no net connection)?
20 Is there a way to include lshw on the installation CD?
21
22 Any other suggestions for using a 2006 livecd for testing (potential) equipment?
25 James
31 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list