From: David Dalrymple <davidad@×××.edu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] 2006 livecd (x86)
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 20:12:23
1 You can do
2
3 sudo passwd
4
5 and set the root password, if you have sudo. I don't think you should
6 need to do that but it works.
7
8 --David
9
10 On 6/30/06, James <wireless@×××××××××××.com> wrote:
11 > Hello
12 >
13 > I just booted one up and I cannot su to root.
14 > It wants a passwd and I tried the usual suspects...
15 > The default user (gentoo) can issue (sudo) root commands?
16 > Certainly the gentoo user does not have the paths set such as
17 > root's paths would be set. I definately need the default root
18 > passwd to set the ip address (ifconfig) for a temporary test.
19 >
20 > Fome the handbook "Once the boot process completes, you will be automatically
21 > logged in to the "Live" Gentoo Linux as "root", the super user. You should have
22 > a root ("#")" But that's not the case for me . There was an intial
23 > log screen, but entering root there it still prompts me for the root passwd...
24 >
25 > Is the default passwd the same for amd64 livecd?
28 > lspci is present, but 'lshw' is not. Is there a way to get lshw on a
29 > usb memory device, so I can use to test out a new portable(no net connection)?
30 > Is there a way to include lshw on the installation CD?
31 >
32 > Any other suggestions for using a 2006 livecd for testing (potential) equipment?
35 > James
40 > --
41 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
45 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list