From: Allan Gottlieb <gottlieb@×××.edu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] apparent error in emerge dependencies
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 17:45:26
1 A strange error occurred which seems to suggest emerge didn't get
2 dependencies right.
3
4 I executed my normal
5
6 emerge --ask --deep --tree --verbose --newuse --update --with-bdeps=y world
7
8 and was pleased to see that gnome v24 had gone stable on amd64.
9
10 However the massive build failed on dev-python/pygtksourceview-2.4.0
11 with the complaint that "No package 'pygtk-2.0' found".
12 Indeed eix showed I didn't have pygtk installed.
13
14 *Without* a resync I re-executed the above command and looked at the
15 (now much smaller) list of packages and found that pygtk was there and
16 was after (meaning it would be emerged before) pygtksourceview.
17
18 The good news is that this second emerge world succeeded.
19
20 The bad news is that something is wrong with emerge dependency
21 checking, or the gnome ebuilds, or (most likely) my understanding.
22
23 Any clarification would be appreciated.
24 allan