From: Allan Gottlieb <gottlieb@×××.edu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] apparent error in emerge dependencies
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 17:56:20
1 At Wed, 11 Mar 2009 13:45:18 -0400 Allan Gottlieb <gottlieb@×××.edu> wrote:
2
3 > A strange error occurred which seems to suggest emerge didn't get
4 > dependencies right.
5 >
6 > I executed my normal
7 >
8 > emerge --ask --deep --tree --verbose --newuse --update --with-bdeps=y world
9 >
10 > and was pleased to see that gnome v24 had gone stable on amd64.
11 >
12 > However the massive build failed on dev-python/pygtksourceview-2.4.0
13 > with the complaint that "No package 'pygtk-2.0' found".
14 > Indeed eix showed I didn't have pygtk installed.
15 >
16 > *Without* a resync I re-executed the above command and looked at the
17 > (now much smaller) list of packages and found that pygtk was there and
18 > was after (meaning it would be emerged before) pygtksourceview.
19 >
20 > The good news is that this second emerge world succeeded.
21 >
22 > The bad news is that something is wrong with emerge dependency
23 > checking, or the gnome ebuilds, or (most likely) my understanding.
24 >
25 > Any clarification would be appreciated.
26 > allan
27
28 I forgot to add I am using emerge 2.1.6.7
29
30 emerge --info is attached

emerge