From: Nils Freydank <nils.freydank@××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Anyone using extract_url with mutt?
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2021 07:40:46
1 Hi Walter,
2
3 in case your problem isn't already solved net-mail/urlscan[1] might be an
4 alternative. Currently I maintain it in my overlay[2]. I just use it with
5 xdg-open or KDE's URL-click-behaviour, but according to the urlscan readme you
6 can "Run a command with the selected URL as the argument or pipe the selected
7 URL to a command." which sounds to me as your workflow.
8
9 In neomutt I use the following macro to just get all the URLs printed:
10 'macro pager \cb "<pipe-message> urlscan<Enter>" "description..."'
11
12 I think you could use the '--run' parameter (or the '--pipe' one if palemoon
13 supports that) and extend my macro to something like this:
14
15 macro pager \cb "<pipe-message> urlscan --run \
16 '/home/waltdnes/pm/palemoon/palemoon -new-instance -p email {}' \
17 <Enter>" "Open URLs in palemoon in a special profile."
18
19 Note that I test neither '--run' nor '--pipe' nor the extended macro.
20
21 [1] https://github.com/firecat53/urlscan
22 [2] https://git.holgersson.xyz/foss/holgersson-overlay/src/branch/master/net-mail/urlscan
23