From: Pandu Poluan <pandu@××××××.info>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Partitioning strategy...?
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2011 01:18:18
1 On Nov 26, 2011 5:05 AM, "Neil Bothwick" <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 >
3 > On Fri, 25 Nov 2011 23:12:42 +0700, Pandu Poluan wrote:
4 >
5 > > > I don't use LVM but I suspect that on this list that would be the #1
6 > > > recommendation to take care of the numbers question.
7 >
8 > > Everytime I read some guide on LVM, my eyes becomes blurry, the room
9 > > starts spinning, and I can hear wolves howling ... :D
10 > >
11 > > Seriously, LVM looks mighty nice, but it also looks (and is!) mighty
12 > > complex.
13 >
14 > It may look it, but you only have to learn the concepts once. That many
15 > physical partitions will be extra work forever, imagine what happens when
16 > one of the middle ones is no longer big enough.
17 >
18 > Seriously, spend half an hour reading up on LVM and you'll never regret
19 > it.
22 Oh, I certainly will. But not now. I need to get this box up, staged, and
23 productioned ASAP.
24
25 Afterwards, I'll commit myself to understanding LVM.
26
27 Rgds,