From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Partitioning strategy...?
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2011 21:48:09
1 On Fri, 25 Nov 2011 23:12:42 +0700, Pandu Poluan wrote:
2
3 > > I don't use LVM but I suspect that on this list that would be the #1
4 > > recommendation to take care of the numbers question.
5
6 > Everytime I read some guide on LVM, my eyes becomes blurry, the room
7 > starts spinning, and I can hear wolves howling ... :D
8 >
9 > Seriously, LVM looks mighty nice, but it also looks (and is!) mighty
10 > complex.
11
12 It may look it, but you only have to learn the concepts once. That many
13 physical partitions will be extra work forever, imagine what happens when
14 one of the middle ones is no longer big enough.
15
16 Seriously, spend half an hour reading up on LVM and you'll never regret
17 it.
21 Neil Bothwick
22
23 RAM disk is *not* an installation procedure.