From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Can't get any microphone to work
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2012 18:27:34
1 On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 8:32 AM, Ezequiel Garcia <elezegarcia@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Damn!
3 >
4 > I've been all morning struggling with this.
5 > I have an analog microphone wired to my hda intel onboard sound card.
6 > Also, I have a genius webcam (gspca_pac7302) with a builtin mic.
9 I have on-going problems with the mic on my system also. Alsa always
10 sets the mic controls I need back to 0 and won't ever save what I was
11 using.
12
13 Each time I need the mic I have to enable 3 settings in KDE mixer.
14 (which also exist in Alsamixer if you prefer to use that tool - hit F4
15 once in it)
16
17 --- Front Mic - turn it on. My system has 4 settings. I raise it by
18 one click at least. Note that in KDE I must grab the one on the right.
19 The one on the left won't raise the pair. Alsamixer only shows one
20 control.
21
22 --- Capture - turn it up to 80% or so
23
24 --- Digital - turn it up to 80% or so
25
26 These settings work for me but Alsa won't save them on my system like
27 it save headphone/PCM/Master settings so I have to turn them on by
28 hand every time..
29
30 HTH,
31 Mark