From: Ezequiel Garcia <elezegarcia@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Can't get any microphone to work
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2012 15:34:32
1 Damn!
2
3 I've been all morning struggling with this.
4 I have an analog microphone wired to my hda intel onboard sound card.
5 Also, I have a genius webcam (gspca_pac7302) with a builtin mic.
6
7 I tried arecord but couldn't capture anything from any of it, so I guess
8 I'm doing something wrong. But what?
9
10 Below is arecord list output.
11
12 Is arecord appropriate for this test or there is another tool I can grab?
13
14 Thanks!
15 Ezequiel.
16
17 localhost ~ # arecord -l
18 **** List of CAPTURE Hardware Devices ****
19 card 0: SB [HDA ATI SB], device 0: ALC887 Analog [ALC887 Analog]
20 Subdevices: 1/1
21 Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
22 card 0: SB [HDA ATI SB], device 1: ALC887 Digital [ALC887 Digital]
23 Subdevices: 1/1
24 Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
25 card 0: SB [HDA ATI SB], device 2: ALC887 Analog [ALC887 Analog]
26 Subdevices: 1/1
27 Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
30 localhost ~ # arecord -L
31 null
32 Discard all samples (playback) or generate zero samples (capture)
33 default:CARD=SB
34 HDA ATI SB, ALC887 Analog
35 Default Audio Device
36 front:CARD=SB,DEV=0
37 HDA ATI SB, ALC887 Analog
38 Front speakers
39 surround40:CARD=SB,DEV=0
40 HDA ATI SB, ALC887 Analog
41 4.0 Surround output to Front and Rear speakers
42 surround41:CARD=SB,DEV=0
43 HDA ATI SB, ALC887 Analog
44 4.1 Surround output to Front, Rear and Subwoofer speakers
45 surround50:CARD=SB,DEV=0
46 HDA ATI SB, ALC887 Analog
47 5.0 Surround output to Front, Center and Rear speakers
48 surround51:CARD=SB,DEV=0
49 HDA ATI SB, ALC887 Analog
50 5.1 Surround output to Front, Center, Rear and Subwoofer speakers
51 surround71:CARD=SB,DEV=0
52 HDA ATI SB, ALC887 Analog
53 7.1 Surround output to Front, Center, Side, Rear and Woofer speakers
54 iec958:CARD=SB,DEV=0
55 HDA ATI SB, ALC887 Digital
56 IEC958 (S/PDIF) Digital Audio Output