From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Gentoo RPi boot to ram or read-only FS?
Date: Tue, 26 May 2020 17:16:48
1 On 2020-05-26, Frank Tarczynski <frank.tarczynski@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > I'm building a video conference appliance using a Raspberry Pi 4 for
4 > my parents.
5
6 Sorry, no advice running Gentoo on RPi. I run OSMC/Kodi on an older
7 RPi, and it works fine, but I don't think there are any video
8 conference apps for Kodi.
9
10 But...
11
12 For skype and zoom, I'd probably just buy them a 10" Kindle Fire.
13
14 There are Zoom and Skype apps available for it. Main drawback:
15 smallish screen and limited to 4 video windows at a time in
16 zoom. However, it's portable: you can flip to the back camera and walk
17 around the house/yard to show something to people. It's also nice in
18 that you can just tap on a Zoom invite url in the email app, and it
19 "just works".
20
21 I haven't trie Skype on Fire.
22
23 You can add hangounts/duo, but you've got to futz around sideloading
24 the Google App store first.
27 Grant