From: Michael Orlitzky <michael@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] disappearing mail
Date: Mon, 05 Sep 2011 18:17:25
1 On 09/05/2011 11:48 AM, Matt Harrison wrote:
2 > I've got an odd problem and I really can't work out what is causing it. I have two
3 > gentoo mailservers under my control, one is working fine (it seems) but the other is
4 > just not getting mail out. I'm not even sure if this will be delivered until I see it
5 > come back through the list.
6 >
7 > According to my logs, the mails are being accepted without issue by the receiving MX,
8 > but that is the last that will be seen of them. It's not happening for every mail, but
9 > a lot. Recipients can be on BT Internet, gmail, or other (apparently) unrelated
10 > providers.
11
12 Once the recipient server gives you the 250 OK response, the message is
13 its responsibility. There's nothing you can do after that point, and the
14 only person who can tell you what happened to the message is that
15 server's admin.
18 > All outgoing mail from this server is DKIM signed, in plaintext only. I've checked and
19 > the IP of the server doesn't seem to be on any blacklists. There is correct reverse
20 > dns for the server as well. I've owned the IP for around 7-8 years now and there's
21 > never been a problem like this.
22
23 It looks OK here, coming from the list. Can you send a message directly
24 to me? I'll check the logs to see if anything looks funny.