From: Matt Harrison <iwasinnamuknow@×××××××××.com>
To: Michael Orlitzky <michael@××××××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] disappearing mail
Date: Mon, 05 Sep 2011 18:22:15
1 On Mon, Sep 05, 2011 at 02:16:08PM -0400, Michael Orlitzky wrote:
2 > On 09/05/2011 11:48 AM, Matt Harrison wrote:
3 > > I've got an odd problem and I really can't work out what is causing it. I have two
4 > > gentoo mailservers under my control, one is working fine (it seems) but the other is
5 > > just not getting mail out. I'm not even sure if this will be delivered until I see it
6 > > come back through the list.
7 > >
8 > > According to my logs, the mails are being accepted without issue by the receiving MX,
9 > > but that is the last that will be seen of them. It's not happening for every mail, but
10 > > a lot. Recipients can be on BT Internet, gmail, or other (apparently) unrelated
11 > > providers.
12 >
13 > Once the recipient server gives you the 250 OK response, the message is
14 > its responsibility. There's nothing you can do after that point, and the
15 > only person who can tell you what happened to the message is that
16 > server's admin.
17
18 Thats what I was afraid of. The thought of dealing with BT technical support is
19 depressing :(
20
21 > > All outgoing mail from this server is DKIM signed, in plaintext only. I've checked and
22 > > the IP of the server doesn't seem to be on any blacklists. There is correct reverse
23 > > dns for the server as well. I've owned the IP for around 7-8 years now and there's
24 > > never been a problem like this.
25 >
26 > It looks OK here, coming from the list. Can you send a message directly
27 > to me? I'll check the logs to see if anything looks funny.
28
29 On it's way in a second.
30
31 Many thanks