From: Michael Orlitzky <michael@××××××××.com>
To: Matt Harrison <iwasinnamuknow@×××××××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] disappearing mail
Date: Mon, 05 Sep 2011 18:34:53
1 On 09/05/2011 02:21 PM, Matt Harrison wrote:
2 > On Mon, Sep 05, 2011 at 02:16:08PM -0400, Michael Orlitzky wrote:
3 >> On 09/05/2011 11:48 AM, Matt Harrison wrote:
4 >>> I've got an odd problem and I really can't work out what is causing it. I have two
5 >>> gentoo mailservers under my control, one is working fine (it seems) but the other is
6 >>> just not getting mail out. I'm not even sure if this will be delivered until I see it
7 >>> come back through the list.
8 >>>
9 >>> According to my logs, the mails are being accepted without issue by the receiving MX,
10 >>> but that is the last that will be seen of them. It's not happening for every mail, but
11 >>> a lot. Recipients can be on BT Internet, gmail, or other (apparently) unrelated
12 >>> providers.
13 >>
14 >> Once the recipient server gives you the 250 OK response, the message is
15 >> its responsibility. There's nothing you can do after that point, and the
16 >> only person who can tell you what happened to the message is that
17 >> server's admin.
18 >
19 > Thats what I was afraid of. The thought of dealing with BT technical support is
20 > depressing :(
23 I got the test message; everything looks perfect, sorry =)