From: Alec Ten Harmsel <alec@××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Coming up with a password that is very strong.
Date: Sat, 09 Feb 2019 16:02:32
1 On Sat, Feb 09, 2019 at 04:42:42AM -0600, Dale wrote:
2 >
3 > It seems you just put yours on a stick as plain text.  If you trust your
4 > safe, that should be fine.  Since I have mine on my system, I encrypt
5 > it.  It may be easier to do it your way tho.  At least easier for
6 > whoever comes after me.
7
8 I do the same thing, except mine are printed off and in the safe. IMO it
9 boils down to what you're trying to defend against; if someone cracks
10 your safe passwords are probably the last thing to worry about. I'd
11 imagine by getting into someone's safe you could get enough documents
12 (birth certificates, passports, etc.) to be able to get through to
13 customer service and change passwords anyways.
14
15 Of course all my passwords that are stored on my computer are encrypted
16 since only I need to use those :D
17
18 Alec