From: Florian Philipp <lists@×××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] How fast was ... ?
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2011 19:02:34
1 Am 27.10.2011 19:08, schrieb meino.cramer@×××.de:
2 > Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com> [11-10-27 18:36]:
3 >> On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 10:52 AM, <meino.cramer@×××.de> wrote:
4 >>> Hi,
5 >>>
6 >>> By the way:
7 >>>
8 >>> There is an old CPM 2.2 manual available. Unfortunately in
9 >>> AMIPRO-format.
10 >>>
11 >>> I tried to load it with libreoffice from the commandline
12 >>> with no success.
13 >>>
14 >>> What can I do to load and convert this manual to a "normal"
15 >>> format?
16 >>
17 >> I don't think anything can read it natively in Linux. IBM/Lotus has a
18 >> free Windows viewer program called KeyView. Maybe it works under Wine
19 >> or surely in a Windows virtual machine.
22 > Hmmm...may be the other way round: I found CPM 2.2 manuals in
23 > Postscript format also and want to convert them to ASCII.
24 > Since there are a lot of tables in the manual, I want the conversion
25 > to respect white space even at the beginning of a line.
26 >
27 > I tried pstotext, but either it cannot handle this case or I did
28 > something wrong: Only the linebreaks were respected (and the text
29 > itsself of course ;).
30 >
31 > What else can perform a "perfect" conversion from postscript to ascii
32 > else?
33 >
34 > Thank you very much in advance for any ....hrrrrmmm.... conversion ;)
35 >
36 > Best regards,
37 > mcc
41 Try `pstoedit -f text input.ps output.txt`
42 From media-gfx/pstoedit
43
44 Hope this helps,
45 Florian Philipp