From: meino.cramer@×××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] How fast was ... ?
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2011 17:09:21
1 Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com> [11-10-27 18:36]:
2 > On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 10:52 AM, <meino.cramer@×××.de> wrote:
3 > > Hi,
4 > >
5 > > By the way:
6 > >
7 > > There is an old CPM 2.2 manual available. Unfortunately in
8 > > AMIPRO-format.
9 > >
10 > > I tried to load it with libreoffice from the commandline
11 > > with no success.
12 > >
13 > > What can I do to load and convert this manual to a "normal"
14 > > format?
15 >
16 > I don't think anything can read it natively in Linux. IBM/Lotus has a
17 > free Windows viewer program called KeyView. Maybe it works under Wine
18 > or surely in a Windows virtual machine.
21 Hmmm...may be the other way round: I found CPM 2.2 manuals in
22 Postscript format also and want to convert them to ASCII.
23 Since there are a lot of tables in the manual, I want the conversion
24 to respect white space even at the beginning of a line.
25
26 I tried pstotext, but either it cannot handle this case or I did
27 something wrong: Only the linebreaks were respected (and the text
28 itsself of course ;).
29
30 What else can perform a "perfect" conversion from postscript to ascii
31 else?
32
33 Thank you very much in advance for any ....hrrrrmmm.... conversion ;)
34
35 Best regards,
36 mcc