From: Francisco Rivas <taken2k4@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: updating ati-drivers
Date: Sat, 09 Jun 2007 15:47:07
1 Hi all..
2
3 I follow this steps :
4
5 1.- download the ati driver of the page
6 2.- change you level to init 3
7 3.- add the execution perimission to ati driver (#chmod +x ati....)
8 4.- Execute the ati driver installation (#./atidri...)
9 5.- aticonfig --initial
10 6.- change you level to init 5
11 7.- startx (not root)
12 8.- open a terminal and test you 3d aceleration doing $glxgears or $glxinfo
13 | grep direct and the system tell you "direct rendering: Yes"
14
15 I hope this help you, please have a nice day
16