From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: updating ati-drivers
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2007 21:53:00
1 Francisco Rivas <taken2k4 <at> gmail.com> writes:
4 > Hi all..I follow this steps :1.- download the ati driver of the page2.- change
5 you level to init 3 3.- add the execution perimission to ati driver (#chmod +x
6 ati....)4.- Execute the ati driver installation (#./atidri...)
7 > 5.- aticonfig --initial6.- change you level to init 57.- startx (not root)8.-
8 open a terminal and test you 3d aceleration doing $glxgears or $glxinfo | grep
9 direct and the system tell you "direct rendering: Yes"
10 > I hope this help you, please have a nice day
13 Hello to everyone that responded.
14 I must have gotten my wires crossed.
15 I did have a helluva time initially getting
16 ati-drivers 35.x to work in January.
17
18 this time I was able to 'emerge ati-drivers'
19
20 and version '8.37.6-r1' worked.
21
22 I'm not sure I had to but after emerging the ati-drivers
23 package I ran these commands:
24 update-modules
25 eselect opengl set ati
26
27 then I just rebooted and all is fine. Some of these steps
28 may not have been required, but it's working with the updates.
29
30 Part of my problem last January was due to the x1900xt card
31 I purchased being somewhat new.
32
33 thanks again for the help.
34