From: Raymond Lewis Rebbeck <dystopianray@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Learning how to write a simple ebuild?
Date: Sat, 02 Dec 2006 04:56:31
1 On Saturday, 2 December 2006 15:10, Alan E. Davis wrote:
2 > I would like to try my hand at a VERY simple ebuild for "xtide", a
3 > tide prediction program, that compiles readily on Unix-type systems.
4 > Is anyone on this list familiar with the program, and/or correspond
5 > with me off the list in trying to learn how to do this? Otherwise,
6 > what would be the best way to go about seeking tutorial advice?
7 > Except for a few gotchas from time to time. (a font, for example, that
8 > isn't installed by default on gentoo xorg installs anymore), there is
9 > little outside the ordinary to compiling the program: a data file, one
10 > or two Env variables. Irregularly, new versions of the beta version
11 > appear also with dated names.
12 >
13 > I've looked at the docs. I've posted on bugzilla a request for an
14 > ebuild. I don't anticipate to become a developer, but would like to
15 > gain insight into the process and the layout.
16 >
17 > Thank you,
18 >
19 > Alan Davis
22 The documentation at the following site should help you out:
23
24 http://devmanual.gentoo.org/
27 Raymond Lewis Rebbeck
28 --