From: "Alan E. Davis" <lngndvs@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Learning how to write a simple ebuild?
Date: Sat, 02 Dec 2006 04:46:01
1 I would like to try my hand at a VERY simple ebuild for "xtide", a
2 tide prediction program, that compiles readily on Unix-type systems.
3 Is anyone on this list familiar with the program, and/or correspond
4 with me off the list in trying to learn how to do this? Otherwise,
5 what would be the best way to go about seeking tutorial advice?
6 Except for a few gotchas from time to time. (a font, for example, that
7 isn't installed by default on gentoo xorg installs anymore), there is
8 little outside the ordinary to compiling the program: a data file, one
9 or two Env variables. Irregularly, new versions of the beta version
10 appear also with dated names.
11
12 I've looked at the docs. I've posted on bugzilla a request for an
13 ebuild. I don't anticipate to become a developer, but would like to
14 gain insight into the process and the layout.
15
16 Thank you,
17
18 Alan Davis
19
20 Reference: http://www.flaterco.com/xtide/
21 --
22 Alan Davis, Kagman High School, Saipan lngndvs@×××××.com 1-670-256-2043
23
24 I consider that the golden rule requires that if I like a program I
25 must share it with other people who like it.
26 --------Richard Stallman
27 --
28 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list