From: Kai Peter <kp@×××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Portage verification fails on games-action
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2018 05:42:20
1 On 2018-06-07 23:05, Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Wed, 06 Jun 2018 16:38:52 +0100, Mick wrote:
3 >
4 >> Your pointer for RSYNC* proved useful. At some point in the past I
5 >> must have decided rsync was taking an awful long time sync'ing the
6 >> games directories. Since I don't emerge or play games I had added this
7 >> entry in my make.conf:
8 >>
9 >> $ grep RSYNC_ /etc/make.conf
10 >> PORTAGE_RSYNC_RETRIES="3"
11 >> PORTAGE_RSYNC_EXTRA_OPTS="--exclude-from=/etc/portage/rsync_excludes"
12 >>
13 >> $ cat /etc/portage/rsync_excludes
14 >> games-*/*
15 >
16 > I wondered if it might be something like that.
17 >
18 >> Once I commented this option out the verification succeeded. So ...
19 >> this verification problem seems to be caused by my intentional
20 >> exclusion of games from sync'ing.
21 >>
22 >> Does this mean I won't be able to exclude games hereafter if I want to
23 >> verify portage's contents, or is there a different approach required?
24 >
25 > As long as it only fails on verification of games-* I don't see a
26 > problem, unless you are relying on a zero return code from emerge
27 > --sync.
28 >
29 > Does gasmes-* still take a long time to sync? I wouldn't have thought
30 > there would be a lot of changes in there compared with other sections,
31 > such as kde-*.
32
33 I got the same issue and it doesn't depend on games*. Verification fails
34 at the first excluded category in the order listed in the metamanifest.
35
36 regards
37 Kai
38 --