From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Portage verification fails on games-action
Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2018 21:05:43
1 On Wed, 06 Jun 2018 16:38:52 +0100, Mick wrote:
2
3 > Your pointer for RSYNC* proved useful. At some point in the past I
4 > must have decided rsync was taking an awful long time sync'ing the
5 > games directories. Since I don't emerge or play games I had added this
6 > entry in my make.conf:
7 >
8 > $ grep RSYNC_ /etc/make.conf
9 > PORTAGE_RSYNC_RETRIES="3"
10 > PORTAGE_RSYNC_EXTRA_OPTS="--exclude-from=/etc/portage/rsync_excludes"
11 >
12 > $ cat /etc/portage/rsync_excludes
13 > games-*/*
14
15 I wondered if it might be something like that.
16
17 > Once I commented this option out the verification succeeded. So ...
18 > this verification problem seems to be caused by my intentional
19 > exclusion of games from sync'ing.
20 >
21 > Does this mean I won't be able to exclude games hereafter if I want to
22 > verify portage's contents, or is there a different approach required?
23
24 As long as it only fails on verification of games-* I don't see a
25 problem, unless you are relying on a zero return code from emerge --sync.
26
27 Does gasmes-* still take a long time to sync? I wouldn't have thought
28 there would be a lot of changes in there compared with other sections,
29 such as kde-*.
33 Neil Bothwick
34
35 If you don't pay your exorcist, you get repossessed.