From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Portage verification fails on games-action
Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2018 22:43:13
1 On Thursday, 7 June 2018 22:05:27 BST Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > As long as it only fails on verification of games-* I don't see a
3 > problem, unless you are relying on a zero return code from emerge --sync.
4
5 If it fails at games-* and stops the verification there, how will I know if
6 subsequent directories are valid?
9 > Does gasmes-* still take a long time to sync? I wouldn't have thought
10 > there would be a lot of changes in there compared with other sections,
11 > such as kde-*.
12
13 Compared to the time penalty my old CPU suffers to undertake the portage
14 verification, you are right, any games-* induced delay is now imperceptible.
15 :-)
18 Regards,
19 Mick