From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Portage verification fails on games-action
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2018 15:39:29
1 On Wednesday, 6 June 2018 13:18:18 BST Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Wed, 06 Jun 2018 10:33:19 +0100, Mick wrote:
3 > > I would rather not disable portage verification, but fix what's wrong
4 > > with one PC.
5 >
6 > If you are running multiple Gentoo PCs on the same network, it would make
7 > sense to use one as a portage mirror, then you only need verification on
8 > that PC. Not that this fixes your problem, I'd start by looking at
9 > differences in make.conf between the systems, are they using the same
10 > mirrors? Are there any differences in RSYNC* settings?
11
12 Thanks Neil, when on my LAN I use one PC as a local mirror, when away I use
13 public gentoo mirrors. The verification is failing when sync'ing with either.
14
15 Your pointer for RSYNC* proved useful. At some point in the past I must have
16 decided rsync was taking an awful long time sync'ing the games directories.
17 Since I don't emerge or play games I had added this entry in my make.conf:
18
19 $ grep RSYNC_ /etc/make.conf
20 PORTAGE_RSYNC_RETRIES="3"
21 PORTAGE_RSYNC_EXTRA_OPTS="--exclude-from=/etc/portage/rsync_excludes"
22
23 $ cat /etc/portage/rsync_excludes
24 games-*/*
25
26 Once I commented this option out the verification succeeded. So ... this
27 verification problem seems to be caused by my intentional exclusion of games
28 from sync'ing.
29
30 Does this mean I won't be able to exclude games hereafter if I want to verify
31 portage's contents, or is there a different approach required?
34 Regards,
35 Mick