From: Michael Crute <mcrute@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: mount mac disks?
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2005 01:52:01
1 On 10/15/05, Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > I found HFS & HFSPLUS file system support in the kernel so I'm
4 > building that now.
7 Actually OS X disks are formated HFS+ so no need to build HFS support.
8
9 There are also hfsutils and hfsplusutils but the later seems to be
10 > masked in a way that I don't know how to get around:
13 Hack the ebuild :-) (and submit the patch).
14
15 lightning linux # emerge -pv hfsutils hfsplusutils
16 >
17 > These are the packages that I would merge, in order:
18 >
19 > Calculating dependencies -
20 > !!! All ebuilds that could satisfy "hfsplusutils" have been masked.
21 > !!! One of the following masked packages is required to complete your
22 > request:
23 > - sys-fs/hfsplusutils-1.0.4 (masked by: missing keyword)
24 > - sys-fs/hfsplusutils-1.0.4-r1 (masked by: missing keyword)
25 >
26 > For more information, see MASKED PACKAGES section in the emerge man page
27 > or
28 > section 2.2 "Software Availability" in the Gentoo Handbook.
36 Michael E. Crute
37 Software Developer
38 SoftGroup Development Corporation
39
40 Linux, because reboots are for installing hardware.
41 "In a world without walls and fences, who needs windows and gates?"