From: Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Following a well overdue world -u I have no network
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 12:04:12
1 Roy, looks like my first impulse about an update... IE, that it would
2 be a pita is coming true... hehe
3
4 Roy Wright <royw@×××××.com> writes:
5
6 > For the network problem:
7 >
8 > hostname and domainname migrated from /etc to /etc/conf.d
9
10 Has /etc/domainname just moved to /etc/conf.d or is it a new filename
11 with different notation?
12
13 I see my old domainname file in etc and something called:
14 /etc/conf.d/dnsdomainname which appears to be unchanged by the
15 update and has a Mar 22 date on it.
16
17 It says simply:
18 local.net0 (which is correct)
19
20 This is the only uncommented line in pre update /etc/domainname:
21
22 # When setting up resolv.conf, what should take precedence?
23 # If you wish to always override DHCP/whatever, set this to 1.
24 OVERRIDE=1
25
26 So just move it bodily to /etc/conf.d?
27
28 Regarding dmesg. Network devices are being recognized normally.
31 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list