From: Michal 'vorner' Vaner <vorner@×××.cz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] local caching DNS?
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2008 10:26:53
1 Hello
2
3 On Wed, Apr 09, 2008 at 12:13:40PM +0200, Ralf Stephan wrote:
4 > I'm fed up with waiting for ever the same name requests from my
5 > browser (and open servers don't cut it either): which DNS cache
6 > or caching DNS for simple local installation would you recommend?
7
8 I use dnsmasq, can be used as a LAN cache too (by simply allowing
9 requests from a given interface). Took me about 30 minutes to configure.
10 I asked dhcp to save to resolv.conf.2 and made resolv.conf to request
11 from localhost.
14 ~, sweet ~
15
16 Michal 'vorner' Vaner